QuickBooks accounting software is the world’s best that aid in maintaining all financial reports in a professional manner. Do you know about Error: QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File? It is the very common error that the QuickBooks users deal with is that can’t connect with the company file, as a result of the firewall software. When Firewall is blocking incoming/outgoing interaction to the company file, you will get this error.
In current days many QuickBooks Users have actually reported that they are obtaining an error QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File while connect to network company file. This error occurs when a user attempt to open the company file and may encounter such type of critical glitches. This takes place a lot of the moment when they update their OS or software to the most current version.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop
- A firewall latest version is not installed in any network.
- The connection of a server gets lost & is set up as properly.
- A QuickBooks database server manager stops running to any server.
- Incorrect DNS setting.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 2000?
How to Solve “Error: QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File”?
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool that develops and easily troubleshoot this hindrance as instantly.
- Firstly, download & ready to install QB file doctor.
- After that install and run this tool on your system.
- If the QuickBooks File Doctor tool is unable to resolve this issue or if error still persists there after using the file doctor tool, then follow the Solution 2
Solution 2: Manually troubleshoot your Network Settings
Method 1: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
- First of all, you need to update your QuickBooks software to the latest released version. (Note: Click here to know how to update QuickBooks to latest version version)
Method 2: Configure Windows and third-party Firewall
Note: Intuit does not provide support for firewall or anti-virus programs. You may need to take help from the service provider for assistance with installing and setting up of your program.
Step 1: Click on QuickBooks Setup
- First ensures that you’ve installed QB software in your PC. It has the latest QuickBooks updation that has been applied and allow to open the company file.
- Then log in to your QuickBooks as administrator with admin permissions.
- This will promote by QB users and gives the Axis permission to access the QuickBooks company files.
- If QuickBooks is running as Administrator or it has elevated mode (shield on the desktop icon) then please run Axis as Administrator too.
- Check that you meet the minimum systems requirements to use Zed Axis System Requirements. (Note: Click here to check the minimum system requirements of QuickBooks Desktop.)
Note: If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 then please ensure that you have User Account Control (UAC) set to ON or Always Notify. (If changing UAC, you will need to reboot Windows for the change to take affect).
However, if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows operating system & receives an unable to connect a message that you should make it as turn UAC as turned off and then try to reboot it in a normal mode and then try a connection to connect it freshly.
- Close any crashed instances of QuickBooks (qbw32.exe), by using the windows task manager icon that is labeled as on the desktop.
- Ensure you have only one QuickBooks company file open.
- If a user connects directly to QuickBooks and are unable to remove or delete the old connection, then select it as:
- Click on Edit
- Choose Preferences list
- And then Integrated Application list
- Finally retry to establish a new connection.
If errors continue then follow the next step as explained below:
Step 2: Refresh your QuickBooks Interface files Rapidly
If you want to connect with QuickBooks and is unable to launch the connection. It is lack or caused by a corruption or files are not supported to a QuickBooks interface.
You need to refresh it by following the below steps as indicated here:
- Get to take back up as safely the Company Data File.
- Then find the file Reboot.bat (it was found in C:\Program files\Intuit\QB).
- Run in as administrator or give one right click.
- Reboot your PC & then try to connect your system to one other.
Method 3: Verify hosting
If you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user mode, only one computer should host the company file. Scanning the company file using the Database Server Manager turns hosting on.
Turn off hosting in all Workstations:
- Select Utilities from the QuickBooks File menu.
- Click Stop Hosting Multi User Access.
- Click Yes on the confirmation message.
Ensure that Hosting on the server system is turned on:
- On your keyboard, Open the task manager by Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to open the task Manager.
- Now search the QBDBMgrN.exe in the Image Name column
- If you are not able to search the QBDBMgrN.exe file, ensure that QuickBooksXX service is running on your server.
- Important: You may need to log in as the system administrator to perform the following steps.
- Type Windows+R to open the Run window, on your keyboard.
- Now Type in services.msc and then click OK.
- Find the running file QuickBooksDBXX of your QuickBooks. (For example: QuickBooks 2017: QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooks 2016: QuickBooksDB26)
- Ensure that the startup type is Automatic and it is recently started.
- Verify that the entry in the User Name is correct, in the QBDBMgrN.exe row
- The user’s name depends on your QuickBooks version. (Example: QuickBooks Desktop 2017: QBDataServiceUser27, QuickBooks Desktop 2016: QBDataServiceUser26)
Method 4: Create/build the Network Data (.ND) file(s)
For information, we would like to inform you that Network Data (.nd) file is a type of QuickBooks file that stores or keeps all the data/information of the host computer that contains QuickBooks company files. This particular file is a self-generated or automatically created when the user scans the QB folder or any open QuickBooks company files.
- On the keyboard, tap on the “Windows” or “Start” key once & enter the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ (QBDSM) in the search box. Choose the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ (QBDSM).
- NOTE: In the ‘Program List’, if you are unable to see the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDSM) then it is suggested that you should uninstall & reinstall QuickBooks application. Ensure that you choose the second option, “I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer, AND I’ll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network to guarantee the installation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- Go to the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ (QBDSM) display, click on the “Add Folder” tab and search to locate the folder contains the QB company file(s).
- Once all folders are added, click on the “Scan” tab.
- Once you scan all the QB folders, go to the ‘QuickBooks Company Files’ section to see it.
- Go to the ‘QuickBooks Company File’ location and make sure that all the .nd extension files are created/build for each QB data file.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15271?
I hope you found this article helpful. For more queries, just ask your doubts about error QuickBooks Cannot Communicate With the Company File then connect to our Certified Advisors at our QuickBooks technical help department number +1-844-405-0907. We are available for round the clock and get quality assistance over email or by a call.
See More Articles to Read:
Some FAQs Related to QuickBooks Communicate Error
First, try restarting both your computer and QuickBooks. If that doesn’t work, try opening the company file in multi-user mode. If the problem persists, make sure that your QuickBooks software and Windows operating system are up to date. If none of these steps solve the issue, contact QuickBooks support at +1-844-405-0907 for further assistance.
Try opening the company file in multi-user mode. If that doesn’t work, make sure that your QuickBooks software, Windows operating system, and firewall settings are all up to date. If you continue to receive the error message, it may be a network issue. Contact QuickBooks support at +1-844-405-0907 for help resolving network issues.
There are a number of reasons why QuickBooks may not be able to communicate with the company file, including outdated software or operating systems, network issues, and firewall restrictions.
No, if QuickBooks is unable to communicate with the company file, you will not be able to access it until the issue is resolved.