There is no doubt that this QuickBooks software is the most essential software program where it demands more in the universe. But sometimes users getting frustrating when facing QuickBooks error code 1328. This error is a common error that occurs while we updating QuickBooks software.
Note: Error Code 1328 may occur when updating QuickBooks. It could show up as a single error or before another error, and also the files referenced by these errors are usually just like c: \ config.msi \ PT **. TMP. Error 1328 exists in different ways. The text as well as alternatives are various, depending on the cause.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
If you are not a tech savvy or you have haven’t much time to read this article then you can seek help from our QuickBooks enterprise support team to save your valuable time and efforts.
Note: The file name in the error message may not be the same as shown here, but the C:\config.msi\ path will be the same.
What Causes QuickBooks error 1328?
There are some possible reasons are given below:
- Troubles when downloading process is improper
- QB files get corrupted by this kind of error code 1328 occurs in such situation while using QuickBooks
- The other reason behind this error is network error that fails your downloading process as incomplete and the installation process is gets incomplete or not done in a well manner
- Malfunction arises into your system operations that cause infectious attack in this software
- Common reasons include an incorrect or installation process gets failed when trying to do
- Unable to make an Un-installation of a software application that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry
- Consequences attack of a virus or malware’s
- Improper installation makes your system to be shutdown due to a power failure.
Major Signs of QuickBooks error code 1328
The major signs of such an error can be:
- In case the error appears on the system screen along with the error message
- Or if the user is unable to perform QuickBooks updates
- Moreover if the response time becomes extremely long
- The user can also identify this issue if the repair method is doomed to failure
- Or if the windows shuts down
You may also read: Methods to Restore files in QuickBooks desktop
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Update Error 1328
We have recommended the best solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 1328 to continue working on QuickBooks software.
Solution 1: Locate the config.msi File
- Give a right click on the start key button & then choose explore.
- Give a double-click on the ‘C’ drive key.
- This displays all your hidden files or as folders.
- For this, you will need to click on tools options & after that choose folder.
- Click to view the tab option & then select all hidden files as well as folders.
- Now click to apply all changes you have been made & press the OK key button.
- To do so, this appears to operate all necessary system files.
- Give a right click on config.msi & choose rename it.
- At the end of a filename, add old ^ hit the enter key button.
- This will hide and protects your operating system files including all necessary hidden files & folders again on your system.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Solution 2: Use Registry Repair Tool
- You need to first apply any registry repair tool and repair the damaged registry Entries that related to the QuickBooks application
- Use a malware removal tool, let us fix any type of malware infectious attack from your system, and get rid of all malware attacks from a computer device.
- You have to remove all the unwanted or junk files from your System.
- It is also important to uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drivers
- Let us restore by doing “Undo” through Recent System Changes, this applies your Windows System.
- First, you need to uninstall and after it reinstall the QuickBooks application
- Start to run your Windows System File Checker by doing scanning.
- Ready to install all essential Windows Updates
Solution 3: Repair your QuickBooks Installation Process
- By asking administrative permissions, it requires to log through the windows.
- Now open your Windows control panel tab, select programs & features.
- This will locate the QuickBooks product heading section, choose it, & then click to uninstall them by changing any button.
- Choose the repair option tab, when QuickBooks installer appears
- Run QB application on your system, then need to apply patch when it completes.
- If a user is fortunate then only the patch will be applied.
- If yet troubling somewhere, take technical guidance or go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Re-install Using a Clean Installation
- First make an un-installation of a QuickBooks Software
- After this make a clean installation of this accounting software process.
- To do this you can select one of the given options that as discussed here.
- As discussed the first option is to make installation process of a QuickBooks as directly from the installation CD drive.
- Secondly a user can also be installed QuickBooks software through a downloaded file as given into your computer.
- Directly installed QuickBooks software from a CD, it’s too easy.
- Now ready to download or simply installed QuickBooks program with the help of a manual guide or a user can ask expert advice that is the best option to get quick assistance in less time.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, download and install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- After that save the file on your Desktop.
- Now close all the open programs and then run the QBInstall tool.
Important: Installation process takes up to 20 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
- Finally restart your system after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
- The very first step is to close the QuickBooks desktop first.
- After that, download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Ensure that the download is successfully, avoid third party websites for downloading
- Head to the downloads and run the exe file that you just downloaded
- Perform the onscreen steps to start the installation.
- Now, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double click the desktop icon of QuickBooks tool hub to launch
- Move to the installation issues tab
- Go for the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Let the program run to correct any installation issues.
- The process can take considerable time to complete
- Lastly, the tool has finished with the repair process, you need to reboot the system
Solution 6: Update the windows
The user needs to update the windows by performing the steps below using the steps listed above:
- The very first step is to click on the start tab and then head to the settings tab
- Now, select the update and security tab
- The user is then required to click on the update and security menu
- After that select windows update
- Select check for updates
- After the system identifies any available update, immediately embark on the downloading process and get all the essential updates downloaded
- The last step is to restart the system and let the updates install.
Solution 7: Use System File Checker
- Here, the user needs to click on the start tab
- After that, in the search box, type in cmd
- Now, run cmd as admin
- Right click the icon and run as admin
- Enter the following command SFC/scannow
- Hit the enter tab
- The process shall invoke the system file checker to check for any issues with the system files.
- The checker will automatically fix the issues.
- After the process reaches its conclusion, close all active windows and launch QuickBooks
Fix Error 1328 when updating Point of sale v18 and v12 to latest release (r4 and r14)
Important note: Whenever a user downloading the latest QuickBooks upgrades receive the following error message “error 1328 followed by error 2350: FDI host“. Also this error occurs while updating to the newest release of “QuickBooks Point of Sale V18 or V12” but it Failed to install the upgrade.
“Microsoft Install Error: Error, 1328. C:\Config.Msu\PTFB53.tmp.” It’s probably been updated by other methods, and it can no more longer to modified by this patch”
We suggest the two procedure that may help you resolve this issue
- Rename the file “C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp” then reinstall the patch.
- Preform a clean reinstall of Point of Sale then update or apply the patch again.
This error is also known as FDI server error and it can occurs when the update installer encounters a file of a different QuickBooks version than it expected. The ideal solution of this error is you can click the ignore button every time (up to 4 times).
We hopefully think that above solution might resolve all your encountered problems and feel you easy to work with your QuickBooks. Further have any query then ask expert guidance by contacting to our QuickBooks Support team at +1-844-405-0907 that avails for 24 hours a day & all weekdays.
Blog Summery in Infographic
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1327?
I believe that we have covered all the major point to remember, here in this informative technical blog post. However, if you still suffer through any discrepancy associated with this error or any other issue – you can contact QuickBooks error support phone number i.e. +1-844-405-0907 Our experts are readily available 24/7 to help you.
The below factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks:
1. It occurs as a single error or before another error when updating QuickBooks.
2. These errors typically refer to files that look like c:config.msiPT**.TMP.
3. Any issue with the company file
QuickBooks error code 1328 is a common error in QuickBooks that occurs during the update or installation of the software program. The error message appears on the screen, along with its details and various option buttons in the box. The error’s file reference has the same path as C:config.msi but a different representation.
The below steps can help in fixing the issue:
1. Navigate to Settings on your Windows system.
2. Press the Windows key.
3. From the left side, press the Power button.
4. Click the Gear icon, which is the Settings icon.
5. In the Settings dialogue box Select an option Security and Updating Next, from the left navigation panel.
6. Choose the Windows Update tab.
7. Select Check for updates.
8. If it indicates that you need to update, do so.
9. Click the Get Updates button.
10. Downloading and updating your Windows system takes time. After that, you’re finished.
You May Also Like: