QuickBooks is considered the best accounting software which has simplified bookkeeping and finance management. The software allows syncing of business accounts or third-party tools or applications for financial savings. However, this sometimes creates issues and leads to the QuickBooks Error Code 3140.
In this blog context we will discuss the possible causes and solutions of QB Error 3140. This error can be easily solved by self but in case of any query you can take assistance from QuickBooks Error Support Service providers.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404?
Results of QuickBooks Error 3140
- When the error 3140 happens, the active windows starts to crash.
- It also leads to the crashing of PC/Laptop/Notebook etc. wherever the software is installed.
- At regular intervals there is periodic freezing of the screen.
- Windows doesn’t work properly and responds slowly to keyboard or mouse.
- The QuickBooks Error 4130 is displayed on the screen.
Possible Causes of QB Error
The QuickBooks Error 3140 message would come up during installation of the program or while running it. It can also happen at the time of Start-up or shutdown of windows. There are several instances why it can happen and it is suggested that you track when and how the error message is displayed.
Below are the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 3140.
- One of the main causes behind the QuickBooks Error 3140 is the corruption of QuickBooks software download or incomplete installation of the software.
- In case, you have made any changes in the QuickBooks software or any other related application, the change can cause corruption in Windows registry.
- Another main reason behind QuickBooks error 3140 is malware infection of the system and this may result in corruption of the program files related to the software or windows system.
- In addition to that, removal of QuickBooks related files maliciously or mistakenly can cause thi issue.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1321?
Mainly The QuickBooks Error 3140 is a run-time error and there can be various reasons for it. And that’s why it is very important to understand its causes and then troubleshoot accordingly to avoid it in the near future.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
The QuickBooks error 3140 can be easily solved by the following troubleshooting methods. However, you can reach out to the QuickBooks error support services to understand it better. The solution is little bit time taking but to fix it properly all the steps should be performed.
Procedure 1: Restore the previous setting
You can use windows system restore to undo recent system changes. You can select the option to set the windows system to a specific restore point so that you can undo any changes that take place. And this would eliminate any glitch that might occur due to any recent changes made in the software.
Procedure 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks Program
At times a mere reinstall can help in eliminating such glitches. Thus, it is recommended to simply uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software. Simply head to the control panel and choose to uninstall programs tab. Look for QuickBooks and then click on uninstall. After that reboot the system and reinstall the software. This would fix the issue up to a certain extent.
Procedure 3: Check for errors using the Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
- Here you are required to head to Run window by hitting on the Win + R keys.
- Furthermore, enter in cmd to show the command prompt.
- You are supposed to run the process of File Checker on the Windows system by typing “sfc /scannow” in the Command prompt window.
- Also, click on enter key and let the process finish scanning and rectifying your PC for any errors.
Read Also: QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085
Procedure 4: Install Windows Updates
- First of all, click on the Start menu.
- Followed by, entering the update option in the Search box.
- Furthermore, on the Windows Update option.
- Besides, go for the Check for updates option.
- Moreover, mark all the relevant updates that show on the screen.
- Initiate the process of downloading these updates.
- In addition to that, reboot your PC and let these updates install successfully on your computer.
- And then would fix the issue up to a certain extent.
Procedure 5: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
You can perform clean installation in QuickBooks to eliminate this issue permanently. The steps involved in clean installation are as follows:
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77? (When Opening a Company File)
- Start with uninstalling the software.
- Moreover, change the name of the folders manually.
- In addition to that reinstall the software.
- This process might eliminate any issues in QuickBooks.
Procedure 6: Repair registry entries related to error 3140
Look for the registry entries related to the error and try eliminating them to fix the issue permanently. The steps involved here are as follows:
- Start the process by clicking on the Start tab.
- Furthermore, add ‘Command’ in the Search box without pressing the Enter key.
- Moreover, click on the Ctrl + shift keys and tap on the Enter key.
- Go for Yes on the permission dialog box.
- This will show up a black box with a blinking cursor.
- Enter in ‘Regedit‘, and tap the Enter key.
- Select the error 3140 related key that you need to Create a backup for.
- Choose the Export option in the File menu.
- Go for the folder to Save the backup from the save-in list.
- Assign a name to the Backup file in the file name box.
- Make sure that you have marked the Selected branch in the Export range box.
- Go for the Save option and Save the file with .reg file extension.
- Save the Backup of registry entries related to QuickBooks.
Procedure 7: Perform a malware scan of your computer
Performing the complete malware scan can help in fixing the issue. Carry out the steps to scan your system for any virus.
Procedure 8: Perform a system clean-up check
At times virus and malware attacks cause such issue. Thus, perform a full malware scan and try to eliminate the issue in QuickBooks.
- Under this process, you need to move to the Start tab.
- After that, on the Search bar, add ‘CMD’ on the keyboard.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl + Shift keys and hit on the Enter tab.
- Click on yes tab, when a pop-up appears.
- This will open a black window will, where you need to add ‘cleanmgr’ and hit the Enter tab.
- After this, a Disk cleanup box will initiate with checkboxes on the screen.
- Go for the checkboxes that you need to clean.
- Click on ok tab to end the process.
See Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404?
Procedure 9: Update your system drivers
- You are supposed to click on the settings tab and select the Update and security option.
- After that, go for the Windows update.
- Now, click on the Check for updates option.
- And this would fix the issue for you.
Get QuickBooks support instantly
Even though QuickBooks error 3140 can affect your work, it can be easily fixed. However, you should recheck your system and perform the steps as mentioned above.
In case the problem still persists or you require any other information regarding it then you can take help by reaching out to the QuickBooks Support Number at +1-844-405-0907 and experts will be ever ready to guide you with it.
Some other helpful articles